Monday, June 20, 2022

It's Time to Say Goodbye

Thank you everyone for 15 amazing years!  I estimate that over the years we have together distributed about 75,000 hats to soldiers. Who could have imagined that all this would grow out of a little knitting group's desire to do some good in the world? It's been quite the ride, and the best part has been meeting all of you...but now it feels like time to move on. I have not found anyone to take over the project, so Summer 2022 will be our last hurrah. 

I wish I had the words to thank each and every one of you for all your efforts, kindness  and generosity. Please just know that I appreciate you immensely and wish you much joy. May you continue to find warm and loving ways to help others, for many many years to come.

xoxo,
Channah

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Channah, I
am so sad to read your post. Of course, all good things must come to an end, but your project has given me a way to stay connected to Israel and protect our wonderful IDF soldiers. I have one last batch of 7 hats made which a dear friend will take back to Israel and mail for me in a couple of weeks. I hope it's not too late. I will miss our communications and there will definitely be a void in my life not working on the hats each evening while I watch TV with my hubby. I wish you all the best in this next chapter of your life. You have been a real "tzedayket" taking on and growing this project. If someone else takes this on, please have them get in touch with me. ordinbatya@gmail.com Wishing you all the best!
Love,
Batya Ordin

Unknown said...

So sorry that this wonderfulproject has ended. In Leeds, England we've been with you all the way. Thank you for your outstanding work for the IDF.
Good luck & good health in the future.
Love
Norma Wineberg

Meira Shana said...

Today is 17November2022 - and a few minutes ago is when I found the site about knitting for the Israeli soldiers!!!

Well, now I have printed out the pattern for In Round - with the 2 needle version just-in-case.

Then found the Ravelry - and the end of the project was last June! Oy gevalt. A bissel tardy to the party.

Thank you for all you did - and to all the knitters todah rabbah. I was in Israel in 2010 and found it to be sort of like southern CA. ;-)