Thursday, December 19, 2013

Winter is SO here...!


We've had record storms in Israel this past week -- torrential rains and more snow than there's been in over 60 years! People in many locations were left without electricity and water, sometimes for days. Roads were closed, cars were buried in snow, women had to give birth...and guess who was called in to save the day? Yes, our friends in the khaki uniforms and the black hats. They worked outdoors, in freezing cold weather, for days on end, with little sleep.You have no idea how helpful and appreciated those hats have been lately, and I'm getting requests for more all the time. 

Here are three e-mails I received from soldiers' mothers this week. Even though they thanked me, you knitters are the ones who deserve the real thanks!

Dear Channah,
Just wanted to tell you that I spoke to my chayal last night who is freezing and he said to me, "Remember that knitted hat I got when I went into the army? (It was spring when he went in, so he was a bit skeptical that he would actually ever need a wool hat!) Well, it's saving me. It's so warm. Please tell the person who made it thank you."
So Channah, I want to thank you for an amazing service. Keep up the great work, 
S.B.

Dear Channah, 
Our oldest still has his hat 4 years into his army service.
He also thinks it's the best hat he has.
B.L. 

Dear Channah, 
My son asked you for hats for his entire machlaka [division] a year or two ago...and you gave them cheerfully! The chayalim loved them then and they still love them now...
J.R.

No comments: